Thursday, September 11, 2008

I was laying on the floor with Naomi (one of the many blessings of being able to stay at home with her!), just watching her and letting her explore my face among the other things around her. It is simply incredible to watch her as she processes the world around her - I can practically see the myriad of connections being made in her brain as she discovers what the color blue looks like, what Mommy's lips feel like, how objects have edges and textures and sounds. I actually find it to be scary - her development and growth is so visible, it is so obvious that she is taking everything in, that I am doubly anxious about my own role in this process, and awed that I am given the privilege of being a part of it, let alone such an influential part! To me, right now, she is perfect; I know she is a human being, and without pruning and tending she will not grow in a godly direction - but she is so beautiful, so full of wonder and discovery. She brings such joy - her life truly is a miracle. And who am I to have charge of her?

6 comments:
Hi Rachel! Thanks for starting your blog!! It will be great for us so far away to see your blessing grow!!! She is just precious!
Thank you! You were the main inspiration behind it. :)
Hey glad to see you finally got the blog set up. Just one thing I notice the first post said this was a blog for the Lightner's, but there has been no mention of adam or biscuts yet. maybe just mention how many epics he has now...just a suggestion. haha hope you guys are well.
Dear Rachel, How very wonderful that you are doing this! That little angel is adorable. Thank you for the update on what's happening in your household these days. I look forward to next time no matter when.
Did you get to have Naomi's picture taken? I hope so.
Love,
Gramie
Thanks Andrew! I'm sure WoW will make it into a post at some point... unfortunately. :)
Yes, Gramie G, we did have a successful appointment - pictures will be forthcoming! :)
Post a Comment