On a Cold November Morning

Monday, November 10, 2008

Winter is coming! And with it, Christmas... I'm starting to get excited! Christmas is my favorite holiday - I love everything about it. But I'll save the details of my Christmas love for after Thanksgiving. :) It is not officially cold yet, but I had to turn the heat up a notch this morning, and it is windy with streaks of light between grey clouds. There is the frosty wet smell of winter on the morning breeze. More than half of the leaves have fallen off the trees, and those left on the maple tree in our front yard are now curled and brown. I have really enjoyed the old maple tree this year - it towers above our tiny front yard, and its leaves are the colorful foreground to the view out of our front windows. Especially in the fall, when they go from green to gold to bright yellow and then to brown - and then the stark gracefulness of the branches against the sky... I wish we had a fireplace I could curl up in front of, but I suppose it's just as well, since Naomi will be crawling soon!
When I woke up this morning, I felt like it should be Sunday, and was disappointed to realize that Adam had to rush off to work. This was a busy weekend. I finished several knitting projects that have been sitting in my basket for months. I like knitting (as you may have gathered), but I don't like seaming pieces together. But I decided this was the weekend I would finally finish a couple of the baby sweaters that I started before Naomi was born. Part of my motivation was a baby shower that we went to on Saturday. The other part was that Naomi is going to grow out of the one that I made specially for her! So I stayed up late Friday and Saturday, stitching small sweater pieces together (you might be tempted to think that because the sweaters are small, the seaming should go quickly - and maybe if I was more practiced it would, but I find mattress stitch so tedious, and it always takes me three times longer than I think it will!) Anyway, on Sunday, Naomi was able to proudly wear the sweater I made (well, she wore it without spitting up on it, and I was proud!).
On Sunday night, this is what our sweet little girl looked like when we got home from Mimi and Gramps' house (the busy weekend meant some significant disruption to her schedule, and several naps were missed)... and it is what we all felt like! :)
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

 
Light-Post - by Templates para novo blogger