Happy All Saints' Day!

Saturday, November 1, 2008


The weather was beautiful today, so we went on a short walk (despite the borderline migraine I have been trying to fend off today). The lovely dusk reminded me of the scene in Fantasia at the end, when the nuns are coming through the trees (although it is dawn in the movie) - which also seemed appropriate since today is All Saints' Day, the day after All Hallows' Eve.

We did dress Naomi up for Halloween, so I have been contemplating the 'holiday', and for me there are two sides to it: the costume/candy/thrill elements, and the reminder of the battle between good and evil in our world. I always enjoyed Halloween growing up - it was a lot of fun to dress up and get candy, it was a nice neighborhood activity, and I don't think it caused me to take the reality of evil any less seriously. There is a scary aspect to Halloween, and for me, the picture painted in the Fantasia movie is a poignant one...I'll have to keep thinking about it.
Anyway, in the meantime, Naomi's Auntie made her a very cute bird costume.




It took several attempts to get it to fit, and the poor little girl's patience was sorely tried. But doesn't she look cute? :)


In other news, Naomi has now tried applesauce...
...and prefers green beans!! Even after several tries, she still makes faces with the apples, and doesn't open her mouth! Give her green beans, on the other hand, and she gobbles them up (as long as they're heated).


And just for fun, some cute pictures of her playing with Daddy.

0 comments:

 
Light-Post - by Templates para novo blogger