Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It is a beautiful fall day, and I am ensconced on the couch with my cup of tea, next to a snoring kitty, listening to the wind blowing through the trees and the sweet sound of the wind-chime. I love autumn - every year I am struck by the beauty of this season. It really is my favorite (though I'll probably say the same thing about spring come April). The weather the past few days has been perfect - cool enough for sweaters and scarves, but not yet coats and mittens. The sun shines on the gloriously colorful leaves, and there is the smell of fall: bonfires and that indefinable crispness. The maple tree outside the front of our house has just begun to change: the tips of the branches hold orange and yellow leaves, but the heart of the tree is still green.
Naomi is napping, after her post-lunch excitement of rolling over too quickly and bumping her head on the chair (not hard, she is fine - just one of many minor bumps, I'm sure, as she becomes more and more mobile!) I will soon be listening to a podcast (I just discovered how nice these are to listen to while knitting - and the BBC has some great ones: how I've missed the Archers! :) and working on some knitting until Naomi wakes up (which shouldn't be for at least another hour...) Yesterday I spent the afternoon watching 'The Love Boat' (Adam said I had to confess on the blog - though even he admitted it is strangely mesmerizing; perhaps because of the bad acting?) - it appeals to my sense of the corny romantic, and I get a kick out of the '70s fashion. Plus, it is perfect knitting TV, even when I have to follow a pattern, because I don't really have to watch the whole time. Don't worry, I don't watch TV when Naomi is awake! :)
The latest on the feeding front: Green Beans! Mimi and Gramps stopped by just in time for the first taste; maybe she was just hamming it up for her audience, but the green sludge reminiscent of the healthy vegetable did not go over very well. She ate all that I had spooned out for her, but her mouth opened less and less with each bite. I think she just kept hoping that it would be something different! :)
So, that's us this week - tomorrow I start my sock knitting class (yay!)
Lucy sez: "Are you going to make me watch more of that silly Boat show? Can't we watch something civilized like Animal Planet?"

0 comments:
Post a Comment