One Year Old!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On Friday, April 24, Naomi reached her First Birthday! Here she is, the morning of:


And later that day (we had dinner with my family, because my great-aunt is visiting; we did not technically celebrate Naomi's birthday, however - I want to save that for her party on May 9 :)

(Gramps is one of her favorite people.)
And here she is the next day; most of the pictures I try to take of her while she is playing end up blurry like this, because she wants to move, move, move! I expect her to start walking on her own any day now; if she has something or someone to hold onto, it is her preferred mode of transportation.
I can't believe it has been a year since I went into labor. The time has flown by, and Naomi has grown and changed so much! So many big and little accomplishments, and such a fun personality; thoughtful, reserved, but curious and with a great sense of humor. She is beginning to discover her independence and to assert herself, with both unsolicited displays of affection and acts of rebellion. We are unspeakably proud of her; she is a darling, delightful child. And I pray that God will grant us the wisdom and grace to guide her to Him.

0 comments:

 
Light-Post - by Templates para novo blogger