Saturday, July 10, 2010
It's been a while... almost three months, in fact, and prior to that posting has been sporadic at best! I won't apologize, since I don't believe I have wronged anyone by not writing and sharing pictures; it doesn't show a lack of character, just a lack of time (that doesn't sound defensive, does it? And I am sorry if you were hoping for updates and were constantly disappointed!). :) And I won't promise more frequent posting, since realistically I don't think that will happen. What little writing time I do have I have been spending on other things - and the rest of life is filled with the mundane craziness that is life with small children.
So, the children: they are growing like weeds (which, not coincidentally, our garden is full of) and changing every day. I often feel overwhelmed and inadequate; parenting brings my humanity into sharp relief. But consequently, I am more intentional about walking in the Spirit, which can only be a good thing. Gordon's post about the longing for home was particularly poignant; the sweltering July heat and whining children make my soul pant for a sweeping expanse of sea, mountain and sky. But there is joy and peace on the journey and I am learning to cherish those small moments along the way, and not hold onto the burdens.
I will leave you with some pictures, and wishes for cool breezes that refresh body, mind and spirit!

We have spent quite a bit of time at the park; Naomi loves the swings and the slide.
It is hard to get a good shot of Naomi these days; she doesn't like to pose, and candid shots are difficult because she moves so fast!
Noah, on the other hand, loves to smile and bask in the attention!


2 comments:
I always love your writing, the subtle creative connecting of the mundane and the profound, the temporal and the eternal. The images really help us who aren't in the garden to see the weeds grows and remind us it's time to visit. I think your kids are growing like flowers though.
Post a Comment