Saturday, April 24, 2010
I can hardly believe it. My little girl is two years old! (If you ask her, though, she will tell you she is "two ears old" :) We took her to the Philadelphia Zoo on Thursday (she got in for free as she wasn't actually two yet!) as a special birthday trip. It was as much fun for me as it was for her! I loved showing her all the animals, and pointing out their unique behaviors/characteristics. She got most excited about the monkeys and the river otters, as they were the most active.



I love my girl with all my heart - it is such a joy to watch her learn and grow. She is smart and strong-willed (a dangerous combo!), and loves books and animals. She also likes to dance, sing, draw and run and play outside. Even as I type, though, I realize that could describe most (if not all) toddlers - and yet she is so precious and unique, it is the little things that make her 'Naomi' - the tone of her voice, the turn of her phrase, her own special tip-toe/jump/shuffle/run gait... my heart's desire is that she would grow into the woman God wants her to be, and that I would be there to guide her along the way.

0 comments:
Post a Comment