Thursday, July 23, 2009
Sorry for the long hiatus - life has been busy!! Why is it that even when one is not in school, summers are filled with more events than the rest of the year? I'll try to do a quick catch-up:
The weather has been wonderful here - not too hot or humid, neither too dry nor too wet. We had a fantastic beach vacation in North Carolina with family (see picasa link on right for pictures), and now we are in "get ready for baby" mode. In case anyone hasn't heard - we are preparing for a boy, and his name is Noah. :) I am excited! I think the last time I posted about this pregnancy, I was dragging my feet a little; I'm not anymore! I am still nervous about what all will be involved with having two children under the age of two, but I am really looking forward to this new little person and the joy and excitement of growing our family. The second trimester of this pregnancy has been uneventful, one might even say easy - I don't have time to think about it, and aside from feeling tired (which I think I would be anyway!) and not being able to get up from the floor quite as easily, it is not having much of an effect on my everyday. I do cherish the quiet moments when I can just sit and "belly-watch" - I don't notice Noah moving throughout the day as much as Naomi did, but that is probably more to do with how preoccupied I am most of the time. Naomi is walking (and falling!) all over the place, which is fun. She is changing from a baby into a toddler, with all the accompanying joys and frustrations. Each week is different, and I am loving the time I get to spend with her.
Well, that is "us" in a nutshell. I will try to update more regularly (and with more details!), but I'm not going to make any promises!





0 comments:
Post a Comment